JOB ANNOUNCEMENT: NAMI Iowa Program Manager
NAMI Iowa is seeking a program professional with at least five years of experience, ideally with a statewide nonprofit advocacy organization. The program manager is an integral part of our small, professional team. The successful candidate will be responsible for working with our 12 local affiliates to provide signature program training statewide. The position includes serving as the Director of the Iowa Office of Consumer Affairs, which provides leadership to the work of the Iowa OCA and its Advisory Committee. A part-time peer support manager is supervised by the program manager. There is limited (2-3 days per month) travel within Iowa.
· Staff the NAMI Iowa Program Committee which supports NAMI Signature Program development and the work of affiliates, plans NAMI’s Annual Conference and provides oversite of the Iowa OCA contract.
· Work cooperatively with NAMI Iowa affiliates in developing their capacity to provide NAMI Signature Programs, which includes securing funding through Iowa’s MHDS Regions and private grants.
· Manage the development of new NAMI affiliates in unserved areas of the state.
· Ensure that the contractual deliverables outlined in NAMI Iowa’s contract with the Iowa Department of Human Services are met.
· Contribute to the overall success of NAMI Iowa by supporting NAMI’s strategic plan and fundraising goals yearly.
· College degree or equivalent experience required. Degree and clinical experience in social work or nursing or certification as a peer support or family peer support specialist are a plus.
· Minimum of five years experience in nonprofit or government setting working with health or human service programs required. Direct experience with the Iowa mental health system preferred.
· Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office suite.
· Skilled at developing working relationships with a wide variety of individuals.
· A valid Iowa driver’s license and dependable vehicle or access to alternative transportation for travel within Iowa are required.
· Lived experience with mental illness, either yourself or a close family member, is required.
· Supervisory experience is strongly preferred.
Desired characteristics include:
· Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills
· Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to “manage by influence”
· Self-starter, able to work independently; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
· Team-oriented, collaborative work style
· Experience with negotiating contracts and successfully writing grant proposals
· Exceptional attention to detail, with organizational and time management skills
· High degree of professional and personal ethics and understanding of the need for confidentiality
· Passionate about and committed to the missions of NAMI Iowa and the Office of Consumer Affairs
· Friendly with a positive, can-do attitude
Salary range is $42,000-$52,000 with individual health and dental insurance paid, short- and long-term disability coverage, and generous PTO policy.
To be considered for this position, send your resume and cover letter by April 20, 2018, to:
Attn: Cindy Woodard
3839 Merle Hay Road, Suite 229
Des Moines, IA 50310
OR, email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put Program Manager Job in the subject line of email