Meet Victoria, NAMI Iowa’s Fall Intern
My name is Victoria Tramp; I’m a senior at Drake University studying public relations, marketing, and business studies with a concentration in leadership. I’m heavily involved around campus in our Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP) team, and our job is to introduce the topics of sexual assault, alcohol, domestic violence, and consent to different groups and organizations on campus. I’m also a Student Missionary at Saint Catherine of Siena Catholic Church and Student Center as well as being the Philanthropy Chairman of my sorority.
My position as the Philanthropy Chairman of Kappa Kappa Gamma is what initially introduced me to my ardor for nonprofit work. There are so many kind-hearted people in this world who want to give and help others, and there are so many different ways to offer that care. The immense amount of support I received from businesses and individuals who wanted to help raise money for the Children’s Cancer Connection was blindsiding, to say the VERY least. I am SO ready and excited to learn more and dive deeper into nonprofit work at NAMI as their communications intern!
More about me:
- I’m an avid promoter of the oxford comma
- If I could eat one thing for the rest of my life, it would be Taco Pizza
- Pineapple is a close runner-up
- I’ve won two triathlons
- I studied abroad in London for a semester
- I’m definitely a cat person
- In my humble opinion, Willow Trees are the best trees on the planet
- I’m a Husker fan (but also strangely in love with the state of Iowa)
- I love naps
- Krispy Kreme. Always. #Loyal