NAMI Provider Education
What is NAMI Provider?
NAMI Provider is a five-session staff development program for health care organizations that provide services for people affected by mental illness. The primary goal of the program is to promote collaboration between the client, their family and health care staff.
NAMI Provider introduces mental health professionals to the unique perspectives of people with mental health conditions and their families. You’ll develop enhanced empathy for their daily challenges and recognize the importance of including them in all aspects of the treatment process. Having everyone engaged in the recovery process facilitates better outcomes. You will also gain:
- Better understanding of the realities of having a mental health condition
- Increased compassion for the vulnerabilities people face when seeking care
- Recognition of your critical role in the individual and family’s journey towards recovery
- Empowered view of the lasting impact your care makes
Presented by a trained team:
- Person with a mental health condition who is living in recovery
- Family member of someone with a mental health condition
- Mental health professional who has a mental health condition or is a family member
During this seminar, presenters share their personal, intimate perspective on their treatment experience. Sessions are organized into short lectures, discussion and group exercises. The material is also available in a four-hour introductory seminar. This would be a great presentation for staff needing in-service classes.
If you are interested in NAMI Provider Education, please contact Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also seeking presenters to be trained for NAMI Provider Education! If interested in being trained to present NAMI Provider, the following criteria must be met:
- Adult in recovery with a mental illness, preferably who is also a NAMI Peer-to-Peer mentor
- Family member or partner of a person with mental illness, preferably who is also a NAMI Basics, NAMI Family-to-Family or NAMI Homefront teacher
- A mental health professional who is also a family member of someone with a mental illness or has a mental illness themselves
- Must be a member of NAMI prior to acceptance to training
Our next training is 18-19 October 18-19, 2019
- Friday – 8:30am to 8:30pm
- Saturday – 7:45am to 3pm
- Holiday Inn 4800 Merle Hay Rd. Urbandale, IA
- TO APPLY: email@example.com